Single girl in New York, the year I was born the Yankees won the World Series. I say that means I was destined to be a Yankee fan. They didn’t win again until I was 15 (if you know your Yankee history you can figure out how old I am, I won’t tell you, I decided to be stuck at 29), which was just the right age to fall in love with a Yankee pitcher by the name of Catfish Hunter. It may seem to some that he is an odd choice for a teenager, and I can’t really say why … you could speculate that it is because at the time I was pitching in my high school softball games, or maybe it was the way he always seemed to ‘own’ the mound. Even today I have a special place in my heart for pitchers. I may talk about how hot Derek Jeter is and how cute Nick Swisher (my sweet Nicky, kiss kiss ♥) is, but pitchers are special. They just are.
Since then there has been no other team. And now that I have found my team again I am totally obsessed, er, devoted to them.
Facts about me, some weird, some not.
(1) I live in New York.
(2) More then half the time I don’t know what I am doing.
(3) I am scared of life sized stuffed animals, especially the 5 foot tall Elmos in Time Square (yes there is more then one).
(4) I have a tattoo of a butterfly on the back of my right shoulder and a hummingbird on the back of my left shoulder. I have a tattoo around my left ankle. Design work and two roses and two hearts.
(5) If my mother knew I had three tattoos she would probably kill me, or never speak to me again, I am hoping for the later.
(6) Actually I hope she never finds out because then my father would probably never send me another computer.
(7) My father owns a computer store and whenever he upgrades his laptop he sends me his old one.
(8) I have been a Yankee fan for as long as I can remember (since I first saw Catfish Hunter pitch). This year I have become obsessed.
(9) I have 11 piercings. One for each player on the field, the DH and the closer (see #8).
(10) My favorite books are true crime. Mainly serial killers. Also books on profiling and forensic science.
(11) I am allergic to practically everything: grass, trees, weeds, animal dander, dust, mold, wheat, apples, nuts, fish and coconut. The fish and coconut are so serious I carry an Epi-pen and wear a Medic-Alert bracelet.
(12) My hands are so small I can reach to the bottom of a Pringles® can.
(13) I only like purple(grape) Skittles®.
(14) I don’t like grape(purple) Jolly Ranchers®, go figure.
I will be back later to add to this list. Stay tuned, you might learn something you never wanted to hear!